2.25.2009

I Won! =D

I must have been extra lucky in Vegas or something, because I won all kinds of neat stuff! No, I didn't win any jackpots or anything, but I did win some cool stuff some great vendors were giving away!

Colorati was giving away t-shirts at a party I was at. These were to be worn around on the tradeshow floor Tuesday and if we were spotted, we got an iTunes gift card plus an entry into a drawing for other stuff. I didn't win the other stuff, but I got some free music and a rad shirt out of it! =D Plus, I learned that Colorati is local (well, as local as Carlsbad is to El Cajon lol)

I attended a talk by JB & DeEtte Sallee and they were giving away some I Shoot People Tour shirts. They say "I Shoot People" with a little camera clip art at the bottom and are too cute! They were throwing them out into the crowd and I actually caught 2 (well, one hit me in the face when I wasn't looking) but I gave away the second one to the girl sitting next to me. :)

Wednesday night I attended a dinner for members of Modern Photographers, a really amazing organization I'm involved with that promotes modern and ultra creative photography by well-respected and qualified photographers. As soon as the senior photography section launches, I'll be running that section of the site, and I'm super excited about it! Mark Eric, the genius behind Modern Photographers, had a bunch of shirts for everyone, so while I didn't "win" so to speak, I AM really really excited to be working with him and Modern Photographers, so I thought I'd give it a mention. Plus, you seriously can never get enough free shirts!

Edit Team threw a fabulous party Monday night at the Peppermill Lounge. It was really retro styled, so of course I loved it. I dropped my business card in the drawing pile, seriously not expecting anything (I NEVER win anything, after all!) and I won a full wedding edit!!! I wasn't even paying attention when they were calling names, because like I said, I never win anything, so they had to yell it like 4 or 5 times before I even noticed. lol In fact, I think someone I was with noticed before I did! lol

Studio Cloud is really really cool studio management software that helps photographers get super organized and together. I've been thinking about it since last year, when I saw them at WPPI for the first time. I stopped by their booth again this year and they were having a cool drawing for either an iPhone or a lifetime membership to Studio Cloud. Your entry was determined by spinning either an even or odd number on their prize wheel, and I spun an entry in the lifetime membership box. Well I got an email today and.....I WON A LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP! I'm seriously telling you I never ever ever win anything, and to win all these awesome things in the span of a week is totally mind blowing and such a blessing!! I'm really excited to start with Studio Cloud and moving forward all invoicing and such will be done through that.


Thank you so much to all of the above awesome vendors for having drawings for free stuff. :) You all rock!

1 comment:

Erin Cady said...

That's so awesome!! How fun that you won so much cool stuff!Nothing is much cooler than the lifetime membership to studio cloud though... RAD! :) I'm glad we finally got to meet and go play out in the desert together. :)